"Paul Macandrew is without doubt one of the best New Zealand fly fishing guides. He's passionate, extremely knowledgeable, very familiar with his surroundings. He professionally works with a client, finds their skill level and consistently puts them onto fish."
- Brett Wood October 2013
Paul Macandrew, Owner and Head Guide
I am a Wanaka based fly fishing guide, and member of the New Zealand Professional Fishing Guides Association (NZPFGA). I offer guided New Zealand trout fishing adventures fishing for wild brown and rainbow trout in some of the most pristine rivers, streams and still waters found in New Zealand, using dry flies, nymphs and streamers.
Customised New Zealand fly fishing adventures.
I will customise your guided fly fishing New Zealand adventure to suit your goals, current weather patterns and river conditions. Whether you are a keen beginner needing attentive tuition, or an advanced angler exploring the back country wilderness, I will ensure you enjoy a 'once in a lifetime' fly fishing experience, and come away as addicted to fly fishing as I am !
Approachable & knowledgeable
"I am a self-confessed fly fishing addict and love nothing more than taking clients into New Zealand's remote back country rivers, stalking wild brown and rainbow trout in pristine waters, it's a real experience."
I provide a professional down to earth approach with the emphasis on providing a truly enjoyable & successful fly fishing experience. I enjoy nothing more than up-skilling clients with newangling techniques, teaching them about fly choice's and local stream entomology(study of insect life) and of course how to spot and stalk New Zealand's famous brown and rainbow trout.
Qualifications & Certificates
- NZ Department of Conservation concessions: authority to access National Parks
- New Zealand Professional Fishing Guides Association (NZPFGA) and I hold commercial liability insurance through NZPFGA.
- Current workplace first aid certificates.
- Audited Safety Operations Plan, through NZPFGA.
- Commercial certified drivers licence; P endorsement
- Qualified NZ Chef certifications, great for those camp out kiwi cook-ups!
- I carry a personal locator beacon (EPIRB) at all times.
Contact me now to book your once in a lifetime fly fish New Zealandadventure !